FareShare grows more than 60,000 kg of vegetables each year to add nutrition to our meals. FareShare has volunteers helping in
our kitchen gardens to assist with growing vegetables for use in our kitchen. We currently have three kitchen gardens, one of which is a working farm where we produce more than 80% of our annual crop. Our kitchen gardens are located in Clayton South, at Moorabbin airport and in Abbotsford.
Baguley Family Farm, Clayton South
This kitchen garden has a small number of vacancies throughout the year. However, it is may be a up to 6 months before we are able to invite you to join a regular shift. Thank you very much for your patience.
The work at Baguley family farm is physically
demanding and you will be working outdoors in all weathers. You will be on your feet for up
to 3 hours. You will need to be
physically fit and be able to complete strenuous tasks such as digging, weeding, planting and lifting.
Baguley Shift Times:
- Monday morning (8.00 am to 11.00 am) – weekly or fortnightly
- Tuesday morning (8.00 am to 11.00 am) – weekly or fortnightly
- Wednesday morning (8.00 am to 11.00 am) – weekly or fortnightly
- Thursday morning (8.00 am to 11.00 am) – weekly or fortnightly
- Saturday morning (8.00 am to 11.00 am) – monthly
When you are invited to become a Baguley farm volunteer you will be asked to complete a Volunteer Agreement
and let us know your shift availability.