Community Tree Planting applications are accepted year-round. However, only those received by May 1st of the year are considered for the upcoming fall (September – December) and spring (March – June) planting seasons. It often takes 6 months to a year to go from submitting an application to planting.
Before submitting an application, be sure your project meets the following requirements:
- Obtain permission of all property owners where trees will be planted;
- Attend a project organizer orientation to review project requirements and logistics;
- Participate in pre-planting conference calls;
- Provide morning refreshments and lunch to volunteers (if applicable);
- Develop and commit to a three-year, post-planting watering plan.